I usually fail when I try to make pancakes without flour so I broke out my BFF, the blender, and mixed a bunch of stuff together to create a better consistency. So I can finally share a pancake recipe that was awesome and super high in protein!
Made with whole-grain oats, ricotta or cottage cheese, and eggs, this combo will stabilize your blood sugar and keep you mentally and physically happy for hours. If you use certified gluten-free oats, then this recipe is also gluten free for those who medically need to follow that diet. Oats are gluten free naturally but when they are made in the facility with other grains, they can get contaminated so if you want to be extra safe, buy “certified GF” oats. We will get into this another time, but did you know that a healthy diet is naturally very low in gluten? Ok, so here it is.
Enjoy and tag me @getnakednutrition if you make them!
GetNaked Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup regular cooking oats
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup part-skim or whole milk cottage or ricotta cheese
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash salt chopped garlic
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1 tbsp Chia or hemp seeds (optional)
- Blend everything together until smooth.
- Make into pancakes or waffles.
- Top with any fruit or eat plain.