If you can boil water, you can make this soup. I know some of you can’t boil water (yes I have heard this over the years), but you can try.
This GetNaked Lentil Soup is back on rotation during the colder months and it’s the easiest recipe everrrrr….if you even want to call it a recipe. You throw 3 key ingredients (lentils, broth and mirepoix) in a pot and add a few other optional spices and you have a meal or side dish for days. Some people write about how to have lashes for days, but I am more concerned with lentil soup. I do like some good lashes too though.
Who doesn’t like a dollop?
GetNaked Lentil Soup
- 1 Container mirepoix (or chopped carrots, onions, celery)
- few cloves chopped garlic optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 quart low sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup rinsed lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste optional
- Salt and pepper
- Optional dashes of: cayenne, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, curry
- Saute mirepoix and chopped garlic in a dash of olive oil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add quart of vegetable broth and 1 cup water.
- Add rinsed lentils.
- Add tomato paste (optional).
- Add salt, pepper and any spices.
- Stir once and simmer on low with lid slightly off for about 20-30 minutes.
- Option to puree with hand blender.
- Top with fresh squeezed lemon, ground pepper, and a dollop of plain yogurt. Who doesn't like a dollop?